Mount Damavand Trek
Climb the Pearl of Persia, Damavand Mountain, the highest of Iran.
Day 1: Arrival in IRAN, Tehran airport. Transfer to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Drive to Damavand south face. We will trek to the first camp Goosfand Sara at 3000 m.
Day 3: Trek up to 4000m for acclimatization. Back to the 1st camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Today we trek up to Bargah Sevom camp at 4150 meters for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Summit Day! Climbing Mount Damavand requires early wake up in the morning, possibly at night to start hike up to the highest summit in the Middle East. After 7-8 hours and one long break at 4900 meters we arrive to the crater. After viewing the great panorama we will descend back to the Bargah Sevom camp or to Goosfand Sara according to timing for dinner and overnight.
Day 6: After breakfast, we descend down from Damavand and transfer to the Tehran hotel before dinner. In case of bad weather we may try to summit a 2nd time and descend down all the way down to Tehran on this day.
Day 7: Full day excursion to see the details of the great Persian history including the Covered Bazaar, Carpet Museum, National Treasure & Jewelry Museum. We will also have time for shopping and packing for the next day’s flight.
Day 8: Transfer to airport for International departures or continue with extension tours.
2020-2021 Tour dates will be announced soon.
Private group departures available all year around.
All departures: $1,099 per person
* For groups of 5 climbers and more, please ask for special prices.
- Single hotel supplement in Tehran, additional $90 per night
- Single Tent supplement / if no huts available $90 (covering entire camp nights)
- All transfers and transportations with private A/C vehicle to the places mentioned above
- Hotel stay in Tehran, twin share
- 1st day dinner, all other days FB. Last day only breakfast is served
- Mt. Damavand Permit Fees
- Licensed Mountain Guides for the trek
- English speaking tour guides for the entire trip
- All necessary Camping Equipments (including Tents, Mattresses, necessary Kitchen equipments)
- Mountain Hut (where available) or Camp stay throughout the trek
What’s not included?
- All domestic and international flights
- Travel insurance
- Transfers not stated in the itinerary
- Meals not stated in the itinerary
- Any soft or alcoholic beverages including water, tea or coffee in Dogubeyazit
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees for historical and natural sites
- Extra Nights
- Single stay (optionally provided)
- Personal trekking equipment