Mount Ararat Trekking
Tour A – (10 Days Istanbul & Ararat)
Day 1: Welcome at the airport. Transfer to hotel in the historical peninsula.
Day 2: Full day sightseeing. Byzantine & Ottoman relics
Day 3: Fly to Van city and drive to Dogubeyazit. Visit Ishakpasha Palace. Ararat permit & gear check.
Day 4: Transfer to Ararat mountain and trekking to Ararat 1st camp at 3340 mt.
Day 5: Acclimatisation on Ararat mountain. Trek to 2nd camp and return to 1st camp.
Day 6: Climb up to Mount Ararat 2nd camp at 4100 meters. Early dinner and sleep.
Day 7: Summit Ararat and descend to 1st camp. Total in 8-9 hours.
Day 8: Descend back to village, transfer to Dogubeyazit town and drive to Van city.***
Day 9: Transfer to Van airport and flight to Istanbul. Transfer to your hotel. Free time.
Day10: Transfer to Istanbul Ataturk airport. END of service for Ararat Trekking.
*** If there is not enough bookings for the departure, we can change this day to “stay in Doğubeyazit and transfer to Van airport early in the morning (06:00)” to combine with another itinerary.
You can see some of our client testimonials at, testimonials page.
Contact us for detailed Mount Ararat Trekking tour itinerary and other details.
You can COMBINE MOUNT ARARAT ascent with MOUNT DAMAVAND Trek!
- 04-13 July 2015 – 1190 Euro
- 08-17 August 2015 – 1190 Euro
- 22-31 August 2015 – 1190 Euro
- 29 August – 07 Sept 2015 – 1190 Euro
- All year available for private group departures.
* For groups of 5 climbers and more, please ask for special prices.
- Single hotel supplement for Istanbul 100 Euro (for 2 nights)
- Single hotel supplement in Doğubeyazıt and Van 50 Euro
- Single Tent supplement in Ararat 50 Euro
- Return flight tickets (Istanbul – Van – Ist)
- All transfers and transportations with private A/C vehicle to the places mentioned above
- Accommodation in 3-4 star hotel in Istanbul, BB basis.
- Full day guided sightseeing including lunch in Istanbul. (by specialized daily tour operator)
- Group transfer from/to Van airport/Dogubeyazit
- Extra transfer cost will be charged for each transfer
- Hotel accommodations, rooms on twin share base, Bed & Breakfast (BB) & Half Board (HB) service,
- English speaking mountain guide (Skitouring guides are provided according to availibility)
- Licensed Mountain Guide for the Mt. Ararat
- 6 Breakfast, 5 Lunch (Lunch Packages and Restaurants where available), 6 Dinner
- All necessary Camping Equipments (Tents, Mattresses, necessary Kitchen Gears & Dinnerware)
- Mt. Ararat Permit Fees (50 USD)
- International Flights
- Istanbul airport transfers for individual bookings. (We provide transfers for minimum 3 person groups)
- Travel insurance
- Extra Transports and transfers other than stated in the Itinerary
- All kind of Soft and Alcoholic drinks, Bottled Water, Tea & Coffee
- Meals other than stated in the Itinerary
- All kind of personal expenses
- All kind of entrance fees for historical and natural sites
- All kind of optional activities
- Extra Nights
- Single supplements
- Single Tents
- Personal Climbing & Ski Equipment
Mount ARARAT Climbing Equipment List
- Rucksack small or medium (35-50 liter is fine since you will carry this small bag)
- Ice-Axe (long – glacier walk type)
- Helmet (not all climbers use but we strongly advise for the summit day)
- Harness + 1 HMS, 1 carabiner. (Not always needed but recommended)
- Kit bag (duffel bag with minimum 80 liter capacity. Horses will carry)
- Head torch, with batteries and lamps.
- Adjustable, telescoping trekking pole (optional but strongly advise)
- 2 x 1 liter water bottles (at least) or 1 bottle, 1 Thermos
- Sleeping bag for -15C comfort in Summer and -25 -30 for winter minimum
- Sunglasses (Very important – full UV protection)
- Sun cream for face and Lips (we can share)
- Personal Medical kit involving:
- Blister Repair Kit
- Water purification tablets. (optional)
- Medicines for Diarrhea and Headache. Ibuprofen is also fine.
S: Summer treks
W: Winter treks and Skimountaineering
- Leather Trekking / mountain Boots (Rigid base adjustable with crampons) S
- Plastic boots W (only in winter)
- Snow Gaiters S-W
- Light shoes for camp and at base of mountain. (optional) S
- Warm Socks S-W
- Warm mitts and gloves. S-W (Polar, Windstopper or any equivalent.)
- Warm Hat S-W
- Balaklava / Mask S-W
- Sun hat, plus cotton head-scarf or “bandana” S
- Rain goretex hooded jacket S-W (any other waterproof membrane is ok)
- Rain goretex trousers S-W (any other waterproof membrane is ok)
- Warm pile/fleece jacket S-W
- Warm pile/fleece trousers S-W
- Warm thermal underwear, top and bottom. S-W
- Cotton shirt, trousers, and walking shorts (optional) S-W
- Cotton socks, undershirt, and underwear S-W
- Small Towel S-W