Tour D – (8 Days, Climbing Mount Elbrus )
Day 1: Welcome in Mineralnye Vody airport. Transfer to mountain hotel in the Elbrus area with a group transfer (4 hrs. by bus) Dinner and overnight in hotel. 2100 m.
Day 2: After breakfast at the hotel, acclimatization trek on Cheget Mountain, 3450 m.
Lifts and lunch included for the trek. Dinner and overnight in hotel. 2100 m.
Day 3: After breakfast at the hotel, transportation to lifts and trek to Barrels Hut (3800 m) on the slopes of Elbrus. Acclimatization hikes for the rest of the day. (Full Board service)
Day 4: Acclimatization hikes. Full board at the huts.
Day 5: After an early breakfast at the base camp about 3 am, we leave for the great experience, Climbing Mount Elbrus Summit (west summit, 5642 m) After summit descend back to base camp. Dinner and overnight at the huts.
Day 6: Reserve day in case of bad weather. Descend back to Baksan Valley for dinner and overnight in hotel or huts.
– Full board if you stay at the huts. HB if you stay in the hotel. (a celebration party at the local cafe) and certificates are included.
Day 7: Descend back to the Baksan valley. (If you use the spare day)
– If we return on day 6: Breakfast at hotel, a hike or shopping around or any activity on your own. Lunch, dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 8: After breakfast group transfer to Mineralnye Vody airport. End of Climbing Mount Elbrus Tour
See detailed tour itinerary of Climbing Mount Elbrus Tour and other details you should know
You can see some of our client testimonials at, testimonials page.
You can COMBINE CLIMBING MOUNT ELBRUS with MOUNT ARARAT & MOUNT DAMAVAND Treks!
- June to September 15, 2018
- All Departures: 1050 USD
- June 08 – June 15, 2018
- June 15 – June 22, 2018
- June 22 – June 29, 2018
- June 29 – July 06, 2018
- July 06 – July 13, 2018
- July 13 – July 20, 2018
- July 20 – July 27, 2018
- July 27 – Aug. 03, 2018
- Aug. 03 – Aug. 10, 2018
- Aug. 10 – Aug. 17, 2018
- Aug. 17 – Aug. 24, 2018
- Aug. 24 – Aug. 31, 2018
- Aug. 31 – Sept. 07, 2018
- Sept. 07 – Sept. 14, 2018
- All year available for private group departures
* For groups of 5 climbers and more, please ask for private Climbing Mount Elbrus Tour prices.
Inclusion List for “Climbing Mount Elbrus Tour”
- Baksan valley: ‘Semerka’ hotel or similar, shared twin or triple room. – Full board.
- Base camp: Barrels Huts. – Full board.
- Group transportation from airport to hotel.
- Group transportation from hotel to airport.
- Transfer in Elbrus area from hotel to lifts and back. Lifts: for Mt. Cheget hike and for Elbrus
- All necessary paperwork: visa support, permits and registrations.
- Guide(s). One guide for the group throughout the tour.
- One mountain guide for 2-3 people for the summit attempt (1/3 guide/client ratio).
- One summit attempt with guides (more about this)
- Group equipment (ropes, ice screws etc)
Exclusion List for “Climbing Mount Elbrus Tour”
- Transfers not included in the program.
- Riding snow-cat (Ratrak, a vehicle transporting people along the snow slopes).
- Single occupancy supplement (+3000 Rubles, on request).
- Personal equipment (such as sleeping bag, boots, crampons etc)
- Service (guide, cook) in case of additional climb (more about this)
Equipment List for Climbing Mount Elbrus
- Rucksack small or medium (35-50 liter is fine since you will carry this small bag)
- Ice-Axe (long – glacier walk type)
- Helmet (not all climbers use but we strongly advise for the summit day)
- Harness + 1 HMS, 1 carabiner. (Not always needed but recommended)
- Kit bag (duffel bag with minimum 80 liter capacity. Horses will carry)
- Head torch, with batteries and lamps.
- Adjustable, telescoping trekking pole (optional but strongly advise)
- 2 x 1 liter water bottles (at least) or 1 bottle, 1 Thermos
- Sleeping bag for -15C comfort in Summer and -25 -30 for winter minimum
- Sunglasses (Very important – full UV protection)
- Sun cream for face and Lips (we can share)
- Personal Medical kit involving:
- Blister Repair Kit
- Water purification tablets. (optional)
- Medicines for Diarrhea and Headache. Ibuprofen is also fine.
CLOTHING for Climbing Mount Elbrus
S: Summer treks
W: Winter treks and Ski mountaineering
- Leather Trekking / mountain Boots (Rigid base adjustable with crampons) S
- Plastic boots S – W
- Snow Gaiters S-W
- Light shoes for camp and at base of mountain. (optional) S
- Warm Socks S-W
- Warm mitts and gloves. S-W (Polar, Windstopper or any equivalent.)
- Warm Hat S-W
- Balaklava / Mask S-W
- Sun hat, plus cotton head-scarf or “bandana” S
- Rain goretex hooded jacket S-W (any other waterproof membrane is ok)
- Rain goretex trousers S-W (any other waterproof membrane is ok)
- Warm pile/fleece jacket S-W
- Warm pile/fleece trousers S-W
- Warm thermal underwear, top and bottom. S-W
- Cotton shirt, trousers, and walking shorts (optional) S-W
- Cotton socks, undershirt, and underwear S-W
- Small Towel S-W