Climbing Mount Damavand – 5671 m.
Tour C – (8 Days, Damavand of IRAN )
Climb the Pearl of Persia, Damavand Mountain, the highest of Iran.
Day 1: Arrival in IRAN, Tehran airport. Transfer to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Drive to Damavand south face. We will trek to the first camp Goosfand Sara at 3000 m.
Day 3: Trek up to 4000m for acclimatization. Back to the 1st camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Today we trek up to Bargah Sevom camp at 4150 meters for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Summit Day! Climbing Mount Damavand requires early wake up in the morning, possibly at night to start hike up to the highest summit in the Middle East. After 7-8 hours and one long break at 4900 meters we arrive to the crater. After viewing the great panorama we will descend back to the Bargah Sevom camp or to Goosfand Sara according to timing for dinner and overnight.
Day 6: After breakfast, we descend down from Damavand and transfer to the Tehran hotel before dinner. In case of bad weather we may try to summit a 2nd time and descend down all the way down to Tehran on this day.
Day 7: Full day excursion to see the details of the great Persian history including the Covered Bazaar, Carpet Museum, National Treasure & Jewelry Museum. We will also have time for shopping and packing for the next day’s flight.
Day 8: Transfer to airport for International departures or continue with extension tours.
Contact us for detailed Climbing Mount Damavand tour itinerary and other details.
You can see some of our client testimonials at, testimonials page.
You can COMBINE MOUNT DAMAVAND ascent with MOUNT ARARAT Trek!
- 16-23 August 2015 – 950 Euro
- All year available for private group departures
- For groups of minimum 4 climbers and more, please ask for special prices.
- All transfers as mentioned above
- Return group transfer from Tehran to Damavand
- Extra transfer cost will be charged for each transfer
- Hotel accommodations, rooms on twin share base, Bed & Breakfast (BB) & Half Board (HB) service,
- English speaking mountain guide
- Licensed Mountain Guide for the Mount Damavand
- 1st day dinner, all other days FB. Last day only breakfast is served
- All necessary Camping Equipments (Tents, Mattresses, necessary Kitchen Gears & Dinnerware)
- Mountain hut (when available) accommodations
- Mt.Damavand Permit Fees
- All domestic and international Flights
- Iran Visa support 60 Euro
- Single hotel supplement in Tehran 75 Euro
- Travel insurance
- Extra Transports and transfers other than stated in the Itinerary
- All kind of Soft and Alcoholic drinks, Bottled Water, Tea & Coffee
- Meals other than stated in the Itinerary
- All kind of personal expenses
- All kind of entrance fees for historical and natural sites
- All kind of optional activities
- Extra Nights
- Single supplements
- Single Tents (If the mountain hut is not used)
- Personal Climbing & Ski Equipment
Mount Damavand Climbing Equipment List
- Rucksack small or medium (35-50 liter is fine since you will carry this small bag)
- Ice-Axe (long – glacier walk type)
- Helmet (not all climbers use but we strongly advise for the summit day)
- Harness + 1 HMS, 1 carabiner. (Not always needed but recommended)
- Kit bag (duffel bag with minimum 80 liter capacity. Horses will carry)
- Head torch, with batteries and lamps.
- Adjustable, telescoping trekking pole (optional but strongly advise)
- 2 x 1 liter water bottles (at least) or 1 bottle, 1 Thermos
- Sleeping bag for -15C comfort in Summer and -25 -30 for winter minimum
- Sunglasses (Very important – full UV protection)
- Sun cream for face and Lips (we can share)
- Personal Medical kit involving:
- Blister Repair Kit
- Water purification tablets. (optional)
- Medicines for Diarrhea and Headache. Ibuprofen is also fine.
S: Summer treks
W: Winter treks and Skimountaineering
- Leather Trekking / mountain Boots (Rigid base adjustable with crampons) S
- Plastic boots W (only in winter)
- Snow Gaiters S-W
- Light shoes for camp and at base of mountain. (optional) S
- Warm Socks S-W
- Warm mitts and gloves. S-W (Polar, Windstopper or any equivalent.)
- Warm Hat S-W
- Balaklava / Mask S-W
- Sun hat, plus cotton head-scarf or “bandana” S
- Rain goretex hooded jacket S-W (any other waterproof membrane is ok)
- Rain goretex trousers S-W (any other waterproof membrane is ok)
- Warm pile/fleece jacket S-W
- Warm pile/fleece trousers S-W
- Warm thermal underwear, top and bottom. S-W
- Cotton shirt, trousers, and walking shorts (optional) S-W
- Cotton socks, undershirt, and underwear S-W
- Small Towel S-W